Yes, I've done the same thing. In my case, the numbers about initialization
are these:

3 sec - gae (apparently some internal thing)
2 sec - presentation framework initialization (wicket in my case)
4 sec - 2 sec for pm factory creation + 2 sec for 2/3 queries I make
1 sec - wicket and maybe some other gae stuff

I'm working on reducing my 4 sec part, but it's really dificult, because the
queries are done with a pk, so I think I can't do anything else.

By the way, I voted your issue! Hope Google guys give this matter some
urgent attention, because I think it's really serious problem.

Regards,

Esteban