Just to be clear though, in this case, we *should* have been able to trust
the tool (the SDK) to upload the file correctly. I mean there should be
some sort of checks and balances for a system like that.

In this case, I am deploying to my staging system, seeing the problems with
CSS and then being like 'what the f*ck'? If I had had to get a patch out to
production quickly, then this would have really screwed things up for me.
Getting you guys (Google) to pay attention to this stuff took *weeks* and
then another week+ to even get a resolution.

I know everyone is working hard and everyone is doing a great job and I
really appreciate that, but for people to have good opinions and a trusting
sense of GAE, I think that bugs sent to the issue tracker should be at
least responded to within 24-48 hours. Even if it is something as simple as
"we are looking into it".

I do that with my own open source projects and I'm just one guy. Google
certainly has more resources than I do, so there should be no excuse for
letting major bugs sit in the queue for that long. Having to call up Ikai
and say hey dude, could you please look into this major deployment issue,
just isn't sustainable.

thanks for listening.

jon