whoops, little typo: "I would not try" should be "I would try".
there's no limit on the number of blobs you can store but you will hit
the storage quota in the preview. I have thousands in there right now
for testing purposes

It might be cheaper to store them on Amazon S3 but I have not worked
out the difference in price (both charge for storage, bandwidth and
some form of cpu activity, in S3 it;s the GET/PUT costs). I'm going to
wait until GAE is out of preview before really comparing the cost

brian