I would LOL when the next language will be Python 3.
And that python will be the only language for GAE.
What is wrong with learning Python?
When people wanted to use Ruby, PHP, Coldfusion, Flash...... for web
development
they did took the time to learn this new syntax. Yes, it is just a
different syntax.
They did not complain that is was not C++, Basic, Forth or TCL that
they could use.
All these programming languages belong to the same family, procedural languages.
The new thing you have to get used to is the BigTable-Datastore.