Hi there,

In order to host an application on Google App Engine you need to add
your domain to a Google Apps account. If anything goes wrong with your
Google Apps account, your Google App Engine sites can be affected and
you have no where to turn for support. Your apps are not accessible
from your domain ( you can still reach them from app.appspot.com
however ).

For example, my Google Apps account broke. I can't even get to the
login page and get an error saying there is no Google Apps set up for
this domain name. However I had been using the account for a number of
years. I cannot even upgrade to premium support as it is impossible to
log in.

Because Google Apps can only be hosted by google, even if you have
backups you can not easily move your App to another server while the
issue is sorted out. So far I have had about 15 hours downtime on my
app.

I'm not sure what I'd recommend but there needs to be better channels
of support for Google Apps if it is to be part of Google App Engine.

Regards