The status page leaves much to be desired.  It says everything is OK
now (it's not).  Yesterday, it said 'anomaly.'  What the hell does
that mean, in the context of large scale hosting?

Clear, concise, timely, and accurate are the hallmarks of a good
status page.  At a glance, I should be able to know if there is an
issue, how many people are affected, how long the downtime is expected
to last, and if I can do anything about it.  It's nice when there's
some behind the scenes 'this broke - we fixed it,' but that's not
essential.

My latest app is mirrored on multiple domains with Google Apps for
your Domain.  In addition to the 502 timeouts that we've been seeing
the last couple days, I have noticed that there is a page on my app
that is broken on one domain but not another.  It seems one 'install'
of the app can get a record from the datastore, but another can't.

It's scary to see it be this bad for this long.  Google has a
reputation for having the best systems on the 'net.  It earned this
distinction, being one of the most responsive sites online even before
it was famous.  Bad things happen, and we all understand that;
however, it's been nearly two days.  If this was any other host,
people would be sketched out and cancel their service.  I don't know
how many defectors you'll see in this case, but I suspect App Engine
will have a harder time borrowing Google's reputation for stability in
the future.

I have a lot of respect for you guys, and I wish you luck.  Please get
us flying again.  =)