That would leave out all the users of those other operating systems
(Windows-7, Vista, XP, Win Me, Win98).
And the Mac users and there flavors and Solaris, Vax-VMS, HP-UX, IRIX,
Linux distros, Playstation-3. And then the google guys would leave out
just that OS that I'm using.

The GAE site should contain info that you can't find anywhere else.
There are a lot of good python sites and books (paper and pdf).
For OS specific stuff you have to use the docs for your OS.

I got the remote API working without the blog from Bill Katz, the
Article by Nick Johnson was enough. I know Bill's article was there
first but you speak in the present time.

Learning people how to find information is much more valuable then
giving it on a plate.