I find myself in a similar circumstance.  I would like to use the new
--dump option for the bulkloader to retrieve my data but I can't seem
to get it to authenticate me.  Problem exactly as described above.
When I tried to use appcfg rather than calling bulkloader, it didn't
recognize the --dump parameter.

In the doc here
http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/python/tools/uploadingdata.html#Downloading_and_Uploading_All_Data
it suggests that appcfg won't work with dump just yet.

So..  how can I get the bulkloader to authenticate me?  I tried
setting the email and passin flags but that seemed to have no effect.

thanks for any advice
-Ben