You're absolutely welcome to build a web service and sell access to the
service. In fact - we encourage it.

The terms prevent you from reselling *hosting* service for code - you cannot
sell the ability for users to write code and push it to App Engine servers,
then bill them for it. You are free to build a media sharing site and charge
users to use it. Granted, this is about as specific as I can get, but unless
you are thinking of doing something that sounds like this, you should be in
the clear.

To clear up any misconceptions, let me make an analogy: some web hosting
providers also provide reseller accounts, where you can create an automated
interface for selling web hosting on top of their existing hosting. We are
trying to avoid a scenario where developers are reselling the App Engine
service. However, I understand that many types of applications may fall into
a gray zone that both can and cannot be defined as app reselling, so I don't
want to issue a blanket ban on them - again, I am not a lawyer. If you are
toeing this line, you may need to consult with a legal professional. I'm
happy to provide my interpretation of the terms, and it sounds like your
application is not in violation.