Also try to use the name argument in the Property constructor and see
if this reduces the meta data storage. Choose name values with 1 or 2
characters. You can use long property names in your code

 longPropName = db.IntegerProperty(name='i', indexed=False)

Also choose the Model name as short as possible and the application
name in the appspot.com domain.

At the moment you can specify that you only want the ascending index.
It's both or none.
If the property is only used in a combined index you must specify that
"indexed=True".