I am just now getting back to trying to use the GAE plug-in for
Eclipse. Here's a pertinent piece of information that relates to a
problem I will decribe below: I also have the Adobe Flash Builder plug-
in installed in Eclipse

The three GAE buttons appear in the tool bar as you described. But I
still do not have any GAE perspectives available, only perspectives
for Adobe Flash Builder, Java, CVS Repository, etc. If I open one of
those perspectives--say, Adobe Flash Builder--click on the GAE "New
Web Application Project" button in the toolbar, supply a project name,
etc., it creates a project, but the perspective is still the one for
Adobe Flash Builder and the context menus on the Explorer panel have
only menu items relating to Adobe Flash Builder.

What am I missing?