Thank you Tim,
Yes, I agree with you in that sense. You completely need to use the
command line if you want to be serious and create a big app.
I think that Google engineers know that and facilitated only the most
basic commands in the launcher. And I don't expect to have a button to
be able to do a rollback. If all the possible options for
dev_appserver.py and appcfg.py where supported on the launcher, it
will probably cost me more to figure out where are situated all the
commands in the launcher, than to go to the documentation and look for
them and type them on my terminal.
On the other side, I am sure that most of the web developers want to
start their project easily, just press one button and start codding
their apps with their favorite text editor that is all they care
about.
Also, you said that you had to do some setup. I know that there are
many kind of Linux users. Some like it because they don't care about
buttons as you said, but I am seeing that it is growing the number of
users that like Linux (and are using mostly Ubuntu) because of the
philosophy behind open OSes, but they still like buttons.
So I keep thinking that is a good idea to support at least Ubuntu in
the same way than Mac is supported. An app-get install appengine would
help to attract some developers.
In any case, I appreciate you comments and agree with you in many
aspects Tim.
Regards.