Thank you Jonathan,
Yes, that is a very good option, and even some of the Mac students
were thinking about using the eclipse environment.
Yet, they have the option to chose, but not linux users. I still think
that support for at least one open OS at the same level of compromise
than that given to the commercial OSes is necessary (an installer and
a launcher).
(I don't really care if it is Ubuntu, Open Suse, Slackware or a new
open Google OS. Although it seems to me that Ubuntu is the most
appropriate at this moment)
As I said, Google has benefited more from the open community and from
linux than from windows or macintosh. So wouldn't it be reasonable to
give back to the open comunity at least equality?
Regards