This is correct, in my opinion.
In my app if I detect an attempt to log in with Google Apps I send an
immediate redirect to Google's login page, without showing the login
page of my application.

Google Apps Marketplace allows you to detect this using the url you
give in the manifest, it has a parameter that Google should fill with
the domain name.

As for the userID problem, I have never tried other providers than
Google, but the documentation (not javadoc) used to say that openID
users are a superset for Google Accounts, so I think a valid id should
be provided also for other providers.

Regards
Lorenzo