On Mar 4, 8:19 am, "Ikai Lan (Google)" <ika...@google.com> wrote:
> If you are running a production service, you should not use Master/Slave
> datastore.
> Ever.

Um... until very recently, we HAD to use master/slave for our
production apps, so I think the sudden pressure from Google to switch
is unreasonable.

HR is still very new, and I'd prefer to wait and see how it performs
for a few months - PARTICULARLY for a production app where any HR
teething problems could jeopardise the business. And the 100% increase
in storage costs are a big incentive to stay on master/slave.

Comments like Ikai's above make think that Google is keen to get
everyone switched over as soon as possible. If this is the case, I'd
suggest they encourage publication of real-world comparative
performance and cost data, and migration case studies. Reducing the HR
cost differential would make a difference too.