On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 1:07 PM, Darien Caldwell
<darien.caldw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Eventual Consistency is really the #1 reason I'm reluctant to make any
> change to HR. I sell virtual goods, people pay real money for things
> that exist in the datastore. If they buy something, and it doesn't
> show up for minute/hours, I get complaints. Your reply seems to
> indicate that maybe Eventual Consistency isn't quite that
> inconsistent, but I haven't seen any data to express just how long
> things are out of sync, so I have to expect the worst.

If you have that kind of reliability requirement, you should be using
transactions - which provide consistency guarantees to boot.  If you
aren't using transactions, eventual consistency is likely far less of
a problem than the outright failures that the M/S datastore provides.

Jeff