First of all, I just wanted to echo Jeff Schwartz's comment. Ikai, I think
your response was very well thought out, for a thread which was close to
going off-course. You nipped it right in the bud, while being clear about
the reasons for careful dialogue. I appreciate that.

I've been following different threads and notes and documentation on HR
Datastore. From these, I had also come to the conclusion that the eventual
consistency issue was minimal because
- The write blocks while a replication to all the other sites is done in
parallel
- However, other requests that go to the sites might see the old or new
data.
- However, the stale data only exists until the write returns.
- The edge case is if there is a network disconnect with one of the other
sites during the replication. Then it may have to catch up later.

If this is correct, then in the general scenario, all the sites are
consistent when a write returns.

Ikai, can you please confirm if this is more or less how it works. If so,
then it may help alleviate people's concerns with the HR Datastore.

Personally, my only concern with HR Datastore is that it is much more
expensive than the MS, and also significantly more expensive than Amazon
SimpleDB which promises the same features (HA, replication to multiple
sites, etc) but at $0.25 per GB (while app engine charges $0.45 per GB for
now). I understand that's a preliminary price till June/July when Google
figures out what to charge, but I (and I reckon some other developers) would
be more eager to jump on the HR Datastore option if the price difference
wasn't so much.

P.S. GAE was always cheaper than AWS and provided a richer development
environment which made the decision easier for some of us. Just a thought.