Em 11 de abril de 2011 18:32, Ronoaldo José de Lana Pereira <
rpere...@beneficiofacil.com.br> escreveu:

> Hi Julio,

 Hello  Ronoaldo!

> I guess I know you from Brazil, but I'll write in English. Here is what we
> do for a production Java app:

> Yes! We know each other. :-D
> 1) Using flex Json, I added some data fixtures in Json to an app resource
> foder, and created a small servlet that I called SetupServlet. This servlet
> does your trick on checking resultset sizes and populates the database if
> required, and is only called by an app administrator. Very usefull! You can
> combine this with Robert suggestion for an upload-based setup servlet, that
> load the file from Blobstore, for example.
>
> I had just a file with 300k  of size, so I add it to the project and read
to a ArrayList called fortunes and sent MakePerssistAll(fortunes). With just
that my data base is ok now. I know that tricks is not the best pratice, but
is the hurry to end this, I did in this way. I think my next exercise will
be to do a admin area using my Google Account. That kind of stuff it's
useful to many kind of applications! :-D

2) To import a really large dataset, like migrating it from one server to
> another, the python remote_api is a great (but slow) tool, because you can
> do some computation to translate a legacy app database to your new
> app-engine optimized version, all on the fly and without the requirement of
> a new build-deploy clicle. But make sure to call db.allocate_id_rage() or
> similar before putting the app alive. I forgot it, and this will cause a lot
> of problems ;). As Robert suggested, bulkloader does most of the job for
> you, and you just need to write some yaml files to map you models fields and
> you can import form a csv file. This is a nice aproach since you can change
> your data remotely, but it will consume your bandwidth quota too.
>
> I will stude about that! Thanks for sharing it!

> Regarding your concern about a DOS atack, all requests will be served and
> loged. I tryed on my live app (yes, I'm a bit crazy) and the ammount of
> instances growth from 10~14 to 72 in a few seconds to serve +1000
> simultaneous requests. I also found that my logic was not optimized and that
> helped me a bit! Anyway, that is just all what AppEngine is about: scale as
> you need to support a big access when your app is featured on Yahoo home
> page! What you can do to avoid abuse is monitor your top 10 access and
> optionally blacklist what you fell like a DOS. You can do an appcfg.sh
> upload_blacklist just to make your app blacklist an ip address imedieatly,
> but know what is a DOS, currently, is up to you. You may whant to avoid
> abuse with some tokens, anyway.
>
> Ok. Understood!

> Hope it helps!
>
> Best Regards,
>
> --
> Ronoaldo Pereira

Júlio Cesar Bueno Cotta
Bacharel em Ciência da Computação pela UFV
Mestrando em Ciência da Computação pela UFABC