Today I've got 557,464 Data Store API Calls so far.  Under the new pricing
model that is going to cost me 50 cents assuming they're all single reads or
writes, which they're not. If I assume that the average is 10 entities,
which is certainly low, I'm actually looking at $5, or $50 if the average is
100.  I'm currently paying 30 cent for cpu in total today.  Once again we're
back to an order of magnitude of difference just on the datastore calls,
maybe even two orders.

Google, what are you thinking.