One issue I've had with The Register is that it almost seems as if they are
trying to pit MongoDB against App Engine. If you look at one of the "Related
Articles", it's titled "MongoDB Daddy: My baby beats BigTable." If you read
the article, this is just flamebait. There's a lot of mutual respect for
what each of the teams is doing. In fact, I'm giving a MongoDB talk at a
conference in a few days. We're all in this together to build better tools
for developers.

Ikai Lan
Blog: http://googleappengine.blogspot.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/app_engine