I don't have solution other than to block requests by agent.

And I really only provided this information so that someone at GOOG could go
track him down and beat him (again).

From: google-appengine@googlegroups.com
[mailto:google-appengine@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Viper
Sent: Monday, August 08, 2011 2:28 PM
To: google-appengine@googlegroups.com
Cc: carolinasviperc...@gmail.com
Subject: Re: RE: [google-appengine] Is an APP ENGINE Application Attacking
websites? - DOTS user agent / browser

Ah, finally some information.  Ok, so now we know that this is a "not so
good" Google project as this spider definitely doesn't behave itself - what
can be done?

As it stands right now, 75.125 is completely blocked because this thing is
hitting from IP's all across the range.  The problem is, the block is
affecting other things like Google Web Preview, etc.  Also, is there a
reason that a webmaster would want Google to crawl pages for the web preview
(or not want) as it appears that the bot also doesn't necessarily honor
robots.txt (as reported in other posts)

What else comes from 75.125.X.X  Why would projects such as Google DOTS that
have potential to cause these sort off issues  be permitted to run from IP
addresses where Google App Engine traffic and other Google Spider traffic
originate?