Simon, you are my hero!!

I had been deploying the classes and the html raw, e.g. from web-inf/
classes, but it turns out it's 20 to 100 times slower this way!! I
packaged everything up in one neat jar, and now my application flies
again. Even deployment is faster than before.

I guess it wasn't such a problem prior to 1.5.2 because the 3 resident
instances would warm up rather quickly, but the new post 1.5.2 scheme
spins up new instances all the time, so you get this problem all the
time.

Hello Googlers, in case your reading, IMO this belongs in the manual.
The difference between the local devserver and the actual production
system is really massive in this respect, and it's been haunting me
for a while now. A simple bullet-point "please deploy jars only" would
be nice.

Cheers,
Per