The classes above took anything from 100ms to 500ms under normal
conditions, and could take up to several seconds when things got
really pear-shaped. Now that everything is jarred up, the classloading
happens in 20ms to 30ms on average, pretty much as it does on the
local devserver. I am sure it will also be slower under big stress,
but still, that's a substantial improvement already.

Adding it to the deployment tool would be great IMO. I was worried
that jarring everything up would make deployment slow (always
deploying a big 1MB jar instead of a couple classfiles only) but to my
surprise it's a lot faster this way. Deployments are fun again! :)