We've built a number of apps on GAE over the past 3 years, some for our own
use but many more for clients. Our costs are going up across the board by
between 300% to over 1000%. Our clients are going to be furious and some
will likely move off GAE, sadly I think for many it's really going to erode
their confidence in Google moving forward. To be fair, I have thought for
some time that GAE pricing was in need of an adjustment but the main problem
with this type of a drastic change is the message it sends out to the IT
decision makers in enterprise and the mid market organizations. They were
already nervous because their IBM and Microsoft venders would create fear
and doubt by suggesting things like prices would increase. I never in a
million years world have expected such a drastic increase and in the past
have even told our clients when asked about this very thing not to worry, I
would say: "Google would never do that" but they did and it makes me look
very foolish.

To Wesley C (Google) and all the other folks who are trying to tell us this
was announced in May, it's not exactly true now is it? Yes we were told that
there would be changes (and at the time I thought that was a good thing as
it was needed) but not enough detail was provided to us (until very
recently) that gave us any indication of the magnitude of this change thus
creating a very short window to inform our clients and make any adjustments
necessary.

Brandon