On Sep 7, 2:53 am, Andrew Cassidy <an...@bytz.co.uk> wrote:
> I wasn't trying to say 'You can replicate GAE on AWS trivially", GAE is a
> massive beast that does one thing in particular that I haven't experimented
> with yet: automatically creating and destroying running instances. I was
> trying to say you could host your own scaling application on any
> infrastructure you like with a little know how.

Anyone can write a web page, an iPhone app or even drive a car on a
race track with "a little know how". That's doesn't you won't crash at
the first "serious" problem.

Look, we can debate all day long on the perceived value of GAE is and
what a fair price for the service, but putting this type of service
together does require quite a bit of know how.

- Pol