The obvious answer is to host your pics somewhere else and link them
in to your pages.
Not sure how you are arriving at your numbers but as Philip pointed
out earlier, it is 1GB per day, not per month.

As google states:
>..which should allow for roughly 5 million pageviews a month for an efficient
>application.

It's a bit like buying that car that does 50 miles per gallon. It can
be done but it isn't practical for most people.