On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 9:37 AM, Joshua Smith <joshuaesm...@charter.net>wrote:

> First, read this cartoon, and let it gestate for a while:
>
> http://theoatmeal.com/blog/apps
>
> Then, with that context, you should realize that trying to live within the
> free quota, instead of just giving them the $2.10/week is silly.
>
> The free quota makes sense when you are first building your app. It gives
> you unlimited time to play with the design, have friends and family test it
> out, etc. By the time you are public enough to get slashdotted, you should
> give google the coffee money. Then you never have to think about whether
> you might run out of quota.

In all fairness, this quickly becomes more than coffee money after you have
a couple.

I have a number of... let's call them "demo" projects.  Some are businesses
that didn't pan out.  Some are demos of opensource projects.  Some of these
I enable billing for and just eat the bill, some of these I leave billing
off and if they ever got significant traffic, they will simply stop
working.  If I enabled billing for all of them it would cost me closer to
$100/mo than $9/mo.

The best solution would be to have multiple apps all bill to a single bill.

Jeff