> Hi Cayden,

Thank you for responding, as this is an extremely important issue.   Google
has always stated their objective was to make the internet better, faster,
easier.  However, this SSL solution is a less-than-expected solution.

1) Charging $99/month for an acceptable solution puts a real roadblock in
the SSL chain.  Shouldn't Google want to make SSL ubiquitous, as part of
their objective?  $99/year is more of an acceptable rate, though still
about double what it should be.  $1200/year prices SSL out of the budget
for smaller apps, and seems usurious.
2) I, too, think you are downplaying the incompatibility of the SNI
solution.  I believe that somewhere near 15% of visitors cannot use the SNI
solution.  We are not willing to block even 1% of our visitors.  We pay
Google AdWords too much to get them, just to turn them away again.  I
cannot believe Google would even consider SNI is an acceptable solution,
turning away web visitors.
3) Detecting browsers and redirecting is a waste of resources.
4) Serving insecure content (when security is warranted) is unacceptable.
5) Breaking the security chain without informing the visitor is
unacceptable.
6) Detecting browsers, and serving up a "Go away and download a better
browser" message is absurd!  Talk about giving the visitor a negative
impression of your site.

In summary, SNI is a poor solution, and not up to Google standards.  VIP is
a fine solution, but priced absurdly.