So happy to see SSL support finally here, but a bit disappointed.  VIP
seems the way to go, but at $99 per month, it is cost prohibitive for some
of our apps.  So, I am asking for feedback from others who have implemented
SNI.  From my understanding, there are still many visitors with older
browsers who will not be able to use it.  Is that correct?

Looking at recent stats, we have 16% of our visitors with IE 6 or 7.  And
an astounding 43% with XP or previous versions of Windows.  Not to mention
those with Safari/Win, or older Android OS.  What will these visitors see
when they try to access an SNI-SSL page?

Any problems/issues encountered with SNI implementations?  Older browsers?
 International visitors?  Frankly, at $108/year PLUS the certificate, even
SNI-SSL is expensive.  But $1200/year, plus cert, for VIP is not feasible
for smaller apps.  (IMO, $108/year should cover virtual IP).  Sticking with
our appspot URLs for SSL until this is ready for prime time.  We are not
willing to abandon even a small single-digit percentage of our users.

Also, I recently was told that some search engines use the IP address in
page ranking.  Shared IPs are penalized.  Had not heard that before, and
not sure that is accurate, as a majority of sites are on shared-IPs.

Your feedback greatly appreciated.