We were happy enough to go with the SNI solution. We don't have mobile
users on our web interface, and we are yet to receive a complaint from an
irate Windows XP user.

We detect what browser and OS a client has, and if it's not SNI friendly we
show them a warning:
http://imgur.com/a/Axzur

As you can see from the table in the above link even on XP you have options
(via other browsers that suck less).