Thank you all for your replies. I must say that I have no idea about all
these, I never worked with Java or Python and I never managed any website
before. I only have some C# and C++ experience which I guess isn't helpful
here...

On Wednesday, August 15, 2012 8:46:41 AM UTC-7, Joshua Woodward wrote:

> There is no getting rid of the appspot domain. If you want your own domain
> to point to your app engine project, you need to setup Google apps for that
> domain.
>
> And when you say for eclipse, you mean java right?
>
> Joshua Woodward
>
> http://joshuawoodward.com/ +
> http://twitter.com/howtohtml5

@Joshua Woodward: Oh! I thought Eclipse is only Java, I just Google'd and
learned I can do Python too.
I think there are some tutorials on the internet about hosting an static
website on GAE using Python. but which one is preferred and which one is
easier?
I also downloaded the Python plugin for Eclipse, but since I uploaded my
empty app to GAE without Python can I still do it for a full website with
pages and images?
Could you please point me to a good tutorial about hosting a static
website, I know there are many tutorials on the internet but I'm not sure
which on is correct...

On Wednesday, August 15, 2012 1:01:11 PM UTC-7, Robert Fischer wrote:

> You could check the url on the request and serve a redirect to the custom
> domain though if you didn't want appid.appspot.com to be shown.
>
> -Robert

On Wednesday, August 15, 2012 12:45:52 PM UTC-7, Jeff Schnitzer wrote:On
Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 8:46 AM, Joshua Woodward <j...@woodwardmedia.net>
wrote:

> > There is no getting rid of the appspot domain.
>
> One minor nit - this is not quite correct.
>
> If you set up a servlet filter, you can easily block or redirect all
> traffic to the appspot.com virtual host.  You don't need to serve
> traffic on *.appspot.com.
>
> Jeff

@ Jeff and Robert: Sorry but I have no idea what you're saying, would you
please explain more?