On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 10:48 AM, Kristopher Giesing <kris.gies...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> I posted a great deal of information in the thread here:
>

> https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/google-appengine/rjZhjMEAXUI
>
> In that thread I posted logs that showed that the very first request after
> setting min instances to 1 will spawn a new instance (in addition to the
> instance that the min instances setting created).  The app ID used in that
> testing is "titan-game-qa" and the timestamps are in the logs I posted.

As far as I can see, all of the loading requests in the logs are warmup
requests(sorry if I misread the logs). This is very likely an expected
behavior. If your resident instance get a request, and if the request is
CPU intensive, our scheduler needs to spin up a new instance by sending a
warmup request in order to keep the number of idle instance. This will help
absorbing subsequent traffic, and this behavior is definitely what the
resident instances are for.

> At some point I will have enough bandwidth to set up a more specific test,
> but I feel I've already posted plenty of information for GAE engineers to
> digest.

Yeah, if you can file an issue with that information, that will definitely
help. However, please keep in mind the expected behavior I mentioned above,
and add your expected behavior in detail(don't say just 'It didn't work')
alongside the things you actually observe.

Thanks,

-- Takashi

Takashi Matsuo | Developers Advocate | tmat...@google.com