As already happened for the Conversion APIs, we are required to throw away
the investment of time and money as users of experimental APIs.

Me and my team will never use again experimental APIs because the risk
begins to be too high.

The problem of not being able to write programmatically on blobstore forces
us to rethink the ways in which the files are moved within our application
and introduces heterogeneity rather than the current homogeneity.

We too will probably be forced to spend money to migrate the data already
stored with an economic cost on our part.

Besides the fact that I do not know what will happen now with the Image
APIs that allow you to serve images directly from blobstore. Besides the
fact that I do not know what will happen with the current upload mechanism
in blobstore and if exist something similar for GCS: I would not use GCS to
write a file programmatically and use blobstore to upload a file.

Then we talk about the economic theme, the blobstore has a free quota while
GCS not.

In short it is a new disappointment: developing on GAE platform is like a
flag in the wind, you never know what direction will have in the next five
minutes.

2013/6/6 Max Ross <m...@google.com>

> Hi Jon,
>
> The alternative is to programmatically write to Google Cloud Storage. Can
> you tell me why it's important to write to Blobstore versus GCS?
>
> Thanks,
> Max
>

> On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 1:41 AM, jon <jonni.g...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Chris and Tom,
>>
>> I absolutely need programmatic write access to Blobstore, and the Files
>> API is what I'm using at the moment. What alternative will we have?
>>
>>  --

>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine?hl=en
>> .
>>

>  --

Nel mondo esistono 10 categorie di persone, quelle che capiscono il binario
e quelle che non lo capiscono.