On 6 June 2014 15:04, Kevin Regan <krega...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This looks like it might be an answer to the question I have - it seemed
> like you HAD to get a Google Apps account (with additional costs) in order
> to simply get SSL for an application I want to deploy on Google App Engine
> - but it sounds like you are suggesting an alternative method here which is
> to map the custom domain in the app engine console itself, skipping the
> Google Apps part of the process?

AFAIK, the domain settings via Cloud console are for NON-SSL only. SSL
support with App Engine still requires an external provider (but that
provider can be Google Apps)

In fact I just opened the Cloud Console for one of my App Engine apps, and
it specifically says *"SSL support for custom domains is currently only
supported via Google Apps."*

(its *not *the App Engine Console, thats separate to the Cloud Console!)

> Additionally, we want to allow certain people or groups from our
> organization to have access to the cloud storage linked to the account that
> is hosting the google app engine web application.  Google Apps has the
> concept of multiple emails per account but you pay for them individually -
> how would we do this skipping the Google Apps thing and just using the
> Google App Engine method you mentioned - I suppose we would just need to
> add certain email accounts to the privileges of our cloud storage buckets?
>  Do they have to be gmail addresses?

That should all be configurable via the Cloud Console, which can be used to
configure access to Cloud Storage.