Thanks for chiming in. I was hoping someone else in the list might do so,
one reason I documented so much of what I tried and failed. I've been
disappointed by how unusable the "Google Platform Support" responses have
been to achieve my specific goal: adding a GAE Endpoints client to a GWT
module in an Android Studio project.

I'm not presently using JsInterop. I'm not actually writing Javascript
apps; that's one reason I'm interested in GWT: writing Java that's
converted into JS. I see in the main GWT site a tutorial that explains
building with JsInterop, but all their other tutorials have been defective
so far so I'm wary of sinking even more hours into yet another dead end.
But research into the previous JSNI approach did seem like another even
more inefficient development exercise.

What I'm trying to achieve is to add an Endpoints client to a LibGDX
project. The LibGDX project setup application generates as an Android
Studio Gradle project, like this game demo:
https://github.com/libgdx/libgdx-demo-superjumper

including Android, desktop, GWT ("html" module) and even Ios modules (the
platform-nonspecific code is implemented in the "core" module). I've added
a simple HTTP XML client to a LigGDX GWT module. But it's not really an
Endpoints client; it doesn't share the API from the rest of the project as
an API, just as a component of a URL string. Do you think there's a direct
way to add an Endpoints client to that GWT module that can share the API?
If the only way is to tack on yet another programming environment,
JsInterop, in a Javascript phase after GWT just to add the Endpoints client
to what is otherwise a Java project, then that's my fate. Thanks for your
insights.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/202935ab-9692-44e0-aa97-2c4efdb48779%40googlegroups.com.