It occurred to me with a fresh mind this morning that since the App Engine
SDK includes a lot of general purpose utilities, many of which seem to be
Python scripts, it would make absolutely no sense for those to be installed
via "go get" since that is intended to install Go modules, and nothing
else. So I'd like to retract / withdraw that portion of my 2nd post. Sorry,
I haven't been using this stuff much the last month or so. This weekend,
when I have a few hours, I can revisit the current state of the install
process and the "getting started" documentation and give more specific
info, although pretty much everything Tim has brought up so far in his
posts seems to mirror what has confused me.

Thanks,
Michael

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/083b1bda-8f27-43c3-bc1d-9c452aa5a8d6%40googlegroups.com.