@Emily

In my case, I needed to create a modal non-autohiding DropDown Panel.
however, the problem is that DropDown calls the PopupPanel constructor
that creates a non-modal auto-hiding PopupPanel.

Currently the only way to flip those bits subsequent to instantiation
but prior to display is to use the violator pattern to set the private
field values.

I suppose that toggling those bits after the panel is displayed is
pretty meaningless, and as such could maybe throw IllegalStateExcpetion.

-jason