Hi,

We are currently moving to the GWT 1.6 release and also updated to the
latest incubator.

I am having a problem with the GlassPanel widget in the incubator and
looked a bit into the implementation.

It has a functionality that it automatically grabs the focus. This
functionality is not what we wanted so in a previous version if had
just overriden the setFocus method to override this behaviour.

We are using the GlassPanel to only block part of our UI when input
fields are changed by the user. The side effect is that now when the
user changes the input field, after one character, the GlassPanel is
shown and the user has to click on the input field again to continue
entering data.

Could this automatically grabbing the focus be made optional ? Right
now I can only see a solution by copying the code and deleting this
unwanted functionality since the rework of the component no longer
allows me to change the behaviour. the GlassPanel should be usable in
more situations than just to block the complete window.

I also see in the code that in onAttach a FocusPanelImpl is attached
to the root panel... does this mean that every time I remove the
GlassPanel from the page and reattach that it will add another
FocusPanelImpl ? That looks like a leak to me (the onDetach does not
remove it unless I overlooked it ?)

Another comment is the usage of a WindowResizeListener. Isn't this
duplicate code from the ResizableWidgetCollection ?

David