Surya,
In general you should be able to follow along
http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit-incubator/wiki/GlassPanel and
just include the GlassPanel code in your project as you suggested.

Any chance you are using GWT trunk rather than 1.6.4? If so, check to see
you have the latest source code which includes the ie8 rule as seen in
http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit-incubator/source/browse/trunk/src/com/google/gwt/widgetideas/GlassPanel.gwt.xml

Fred

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 4:34 AM, Surya <master...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I am fairly new to GWT and my requirement needs a glasspanel to be
> used. But due to the heavy size of incubator.jar file i would like to
> just copy the GlassPanel class and GlassPanelImpl into my own
> workspace and create a custom glasspanel . This would remove the
> dependency on incubator.jar file. All is well at compile time.
> But when i compile it , it throws an error saying "GlassPanelImpl
> cannot be abstract" Please suggest if i am missing anything. Any help
> would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Surya.
>
> On May 5, 5:24 pm, David <david.no...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just created a trimmed down GlassPanel that only contains what we need.
> > Just as a thought on bug 1186, why not deprecate the ListBox widget
> > and replace it with a custom widget.
> > The standard listbox in the browser is underpowered when it comes to
> > styling. I would like to put more than just strings in there.
> >
> > If that were the case then all these tricks to get dialogs to render
> > correctly while dragging or to cancel events are no longer needed in
> > IE6.
> >
> > David
> >

> > On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 12:49 PM, Thomas Broyer <t.bro...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> > > I agree, and even in those situations, when used in combination with a
> > > modal popup panel, grabbing the focus isn't strictly necessary either
> > > (note that PopupPanel does not grab the focus, instead it "eats" up
> > > every event not targeted at the modal popup panel).
> > > I do believe actually that the "lightbox effect" should be done by the
> > > popup panel (when modal), as it would also solve issue 1186 [1]
> > > (defaulting to being fully transparent)
> >
> > > [1]http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=1186

> > > As said on the JavaDoc for this FocusPanelImpl class, it removes
> > > itself (it does this as soon as it gains the focus, which it grabs as
> > > soon as it's attached to the document).

> > > GlassPanel has unfortunately not been updated for a while (including
> > > for GWT 1.6: uses WindowResizeListener instead of ResizeHandler,
> > > EventPreview instead of NativePreviewHandler, etc.).
> > > Maybe it's time to rewrite it, and/or split it into more a set of
> > > widgets, each one specialized on one thing (lightbox+dialog, cover
> > > part of the page, etc.)- Hide quoted text -

Fred Sauer
Developer Advocate
Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043