You're trading off compile time simplicity at the expense of runtime
efficiency, and it's a bad trade.

Rather than emitting java lines as you walk the XML, you can build a model
of what you want to write. Once you're done with your traversal, you can
write out a single call to resize(int, int), and then write the rest.