Hi Jens,

> I would definitely prefer starting from zero without IE 6-8 in mind
> for new widgets.

With new widgets, definitely agree, I just think that's orthogonal to
adding interfaces for the existing widgets.

> So what would be the added benefit in terms of MVP?

In the Type 1 style of MVP, the view interface exposes widgets directly
to the presenter, albeit via the HasXxx characteristic interfaces. This
can get annoying if you need multiple characteristics exposed for a
single widget, or need to call a method that is not in a HasXxx
interface.

I think both of those points make the unified widget interfaces useful,
and, IMO, they're much cleaner than hacks like faking out GWT.create to
mock concrete classes like TextBox.

So, I think the interfaces are worthwhile of their own accord.

As to why I personally am extra fond of them, once you can look at a
ui.xml file and deterministically say a gwt:TextBox should be exposed
as an IsTextBox (vs. having to know did the programmer want HasValue?
HasClickHandlers?), then you can generate the view interface and
UiBinder implementation file automatically. Which is what Tessell does.

- Stephen