> If the former, then I understand it as mostly a mean to provide
> mocks/stubs/fakes for testing. How about gwt-mockito then?
> https://github.com/google/gwtmockito

This is tangenting a bit...but... :-)

I know everyone uses them, but IMO mocks are less than ideal for
testing UI code. With stubs, you can have state and semi-intelligent
behavior without repeating every test the same "oh, right, this is how
a textbox works...when call this, then return that, expect so and so",
etc.

That said, mocks are a personal preference, and while nifty tools like
gwt-mockito exist for the current state of affairs, I don't think that means
making life easier for everyone (by making the require for gwt-mockito go away)
is a bad thing.

- Stephen