> as your framework does probably generate quite some code to make
> all these declarative binding features possible

No, actually--the bindings don't have any code generation to them,
either build-time or gwt-compile-time. They're pure Java, which means
they run in unit tests (it would suck if they didn't...then too much
logic/behavior wouldn't be testable).

> You only have UiBinder xml and while generating the view
> implementation you have no idea what events the developer is
> interested in. So you are forced to expose all ui:field
> widgets/elements to allow the developer to do something with the
> view.

Precisely. That is a good thing, IMO. Why is that a bad thing? It means
the view is so dumb it doesn't (and *can't*) have any logic in it.
(Sorry, feel free to treat that question as rhetorical if you want to
drop the Tessell tangent. :-).

> So for slightly more complex things you also end up with anonymous classes.

Of course. But, speaking from experience, it's surprising how often
that is not true.

> Button/TextBox available will be really handy for testing.
> So for this use case  I would go for these Is* interfaces in GWT
> proper as they can encourage people to not use full blown MVP for
> everything while still being able to write non-hacky tests.

Cool.

- Stephen