I see the problem here: I don't consider GWT just a web framework (and
maybe I'm wrong about that). I consider it a platform on which web
frameworks are built (like Vaadin, GXT, Errai and so on). It involves
compiler, language, tooling *and* a web framework. And assuming it as a
platform, I tend to compare it with other important stuff to my dev daily
work, such as my OS (Ubuntu, next major release on
17-Apr<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TrustyTahr/ReleaseSchedule>)
, my browser (Firefox, next major release on the week of
04-Feb<https://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases#Firefox_27>)
, my most used IDE (Eclipse, next major release on
25-Jun<http://wiki.eclipse.org/Luna/Simultaneous_Release_Plan>)
and my most used programming language (Java, next major release on
18-Mar<http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk8/milestones>
).

If I would build a commercial web framework on top of GWT, I'd like to have
a concrete idea of the development cycle to be ready to upgrade my
framework on time for my customers. As a GWT developer as I am now, and
looking at it as a platform - not just a web framework - I really miss a
page where I can find the details about the release, with steps and
expected dates for each step to conclude, in a structured and reliable way.
Things can go wrong and dates can be changed (as in any project), but it
should be the exception, not the rule.

Anyway, it's just about how I feel about the project, and, as I wrote, I
can be wrong.