On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 12:34 PM, Christopher Venning
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Relevant module code
> ---
> from TestService.java (extends RemoteService):
> @RemoteServiceRelativePath("/testService")

I don't know what difference it makes, but my
@RemoteServiceRelativePath doesn't have a leading /.

> from ServerTest.gwt.xml:
> <servlet path="/testService" class="org.server.TestServiceImpl" />

I'm _pretty_ sure this is a red herring that should be removed.  Your
module "descriptor" doesn't have any impact on the configuration of an
external servlet container.

> from ServerTest.launch (arguments):
> -noserver http://localhost:8080/ServerTest/ServerTest.html

This looks fine to me.

> Sum Total of changes to Tomcat
> ---
> created %TOMCAT_HOME%/webapps/ServerTest
> copied into that directory (from compilation):
>  - clear.cache.gif
>  - history.html
>  - hosted.html
>  - org.ServerTest.nocache.js
>  - ServerTest.html
>  - 5BA8A5B3E35F40698BB0BF65F390BCF2.gwt.rpc
>  - 9DA92932034707C17CFF15F95086D53F.cache.png
>  - 548CDF11D6FE9011F3447CA200D7FB7F.cache.png

The fact that you have *.gwt.rpc in there along with the rest of your
stuff is good--after reading the subject but before reading the body
of your message, I was going to guess that you were missing that file.
 If you get Tomcat to respond to the RPC request but it throws errors
complaining about missing serialization policies, make sure you're
using an up-to-date *.gwt.rpc file.

Ian