On 2 juil, 02:56, Daniel Jue <teamp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> (BTW- Thanks for the corrections on my previous email.)
>
> I'm looking on slide 47, with this code:
>
>     public void execute(final UpdateContact update,
>             final AsyncCallback<GetContactsResponse> cb) {
>         realService.execute(update, new
> AsyncCallback<UpdateContactResponse>() {
>             public void onFailure(Throwable caught) {
>                 cb.onFailure(caught);
>             }
>
>             public void onSuccess(UpdateContactResponse result) {
>                 recache(update.getContact());
>                 cb.onSuccess(result);
>                 ContactChangeEvent e = new ContactChangeEvent(update
>                         .getContact());
>                 eventBus.fireEvent(e);
>             }
>         });
>     }
>
> The icon in the upper right seems to indicate this is either in your RPC
> implementation or in the class that calls it.

It's supposed to be a client-side implementation of the service's
*Async that does something more than just sending the request to the
server (as does the implementation created by the generator when you
"instantiate the interface" with GWT.create()); here, the "something
more" is caching the response (in an HashMap or Gears/HTML5 storage)
and broadcasting an event through the event bus.

> I can't watch the video right now, but I don't see the significance of
> having "realService" or the "UpdateContactResponse"

realService is the stub generated at compile time and returned by the
GWT.create() call on the service interface. The code shown above is a
wrapper/proxy around the service to "do something more" (see above).

> Also in the cb.onSuccess(result), result is of the wrong type.  What exactly
> is going on here?

I guess it's actually the "cb" argument, declared as
AsyncCallback<GetContentResponse> instead of
AsyncCallback<UpdateContactResponse>.