Oh man I hope not, REMO*V*E was my typo heh.  Maybe what you're seeing
is what Rajeev describes, where it doesn't grab the latest value
correctly.  I just tried what he suggested and it seems that is
correct: USE_REMOTE_UI=false, but you have to switch to the main tab
and hit apply before running.

In any case I've just been happily using Java App instead of Web App
anyway which works fine for me!