Actually, after some more investigation, there is a bug here, which is why
USE_REMOTE_UI=true is working. We'll have this fixed in the next version of
GPE, but to make sure that you get the Swing UI, follow these steps:

-In your launch configuration, navigate to the Environment tab, and set
USE_REMOTE_UI=false
-click back over to the Main tab
-apply your changes
-run the launch configuration

I know this seems like an odd workaround; it has to do with a bug in our
logic for keeping the Arguments  tab in sync with changes in the launch
config UI.

If you leave it as USE_REMOTE_UI=true, there is a chance that your launch
config will flip back to using the Development Mode view.