To clarify, GWT 2.0+ no longer uses the Hosted Browser - it makes use of
Out-Of-Process-Hosted-Mode. See
code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/latest/DevGuideCompilingAndDebugging.html for
more information.

When using GWT 2.0+ with the Google Plugin for Eclipse, you'll see the
"Development Mode View" pop up whenever you launch a GWT 2.0+ application.
>From this view, you can see the module-based logs, and restart the Jetty
server. Server logs are show in the console view.

If you prefer the Swing UI that GWT 2.0+ has (as opposed to the "Development
Mode View"), set the following environment variable in your launch
configuration:

USE_REMOTE_UI=false

However, we'd be curious to know why you actually prefer the Swing UI to the
Development Mode view :).

Thanks,
Rajeev