On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 11:03 AM, kozura <koz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ah thanks Rajeev, been looking for that, it works except you have to
> set USE_REMOVE_UI=true.

Really? I'm glad it's working, but I think the right way to set it is to
define an environment variable of "USE_REMOTE_UI" and set its value to
"false". That should cause the Swing UI to pop up. Does that not work for
you?

And since you asked...  Maybe it's a little "I'm used to it", but I
> find the Swing UI much more convenient than the Development mode view:
>
>  - Clear tabs for Jetty and each browser window that comes up,
> navigation is tricky in the Eclipse DMV tab

Ah, are you saying that you'd prefer a different tab for each Jetty instance
and browser window, instead of  having nodes in a Breadcrumb view? Note that
you can switch the layout of the DMV - look at the view settings, and switch
the layout to "Tree"

>  - Handy dandy "Launch in Browser" and "Restart Server" buttons

The DMV also has the "Restart Server" button. We're working on making the
URLs that pop up in the DMV launchable.

>  - Separate window and process makes it easy to see that I have it
> running, close it to end the process, etc.  In dev mode I have to
> notice the tab, switch to it, and stop it from there to end to
> process, not nearly as convenient.  In this mode I often rerun app
> only to find conflicting port because I didn't see and close the old
> process.
>  - Separate window also doesn't compete with my code for space, makes
> it easy to have a large log and still browse my code in my setup.
> Personal preference, but hey.

Understood.

> The first two could just be improvements in the Eclipse DMV tab, but
> don't assume everyone's workflow is improved through the "convenience"
> of everything being built into eclipse!

Thanks for the feedback - it is definitely useful!